|From Great Health Hints and Handy Tips
- Take breaks throughout the day. It will help clear your mind and relieve pressure. Something as simple as going to the water cooler for a drink may do the trick.
- Enroll in a noontime or an after-work exercise class. This will give you a chance to unwind and a way to relieve stress.
- To help your workday go smoothly, try pacing your activities: Do more demanding work in the morning, when your energy level is higher, and easier work later in the day, when you may be tired.
- Try listening to music recordings, such as a pounding surf or songbirds, to help you relax. Such tapes are sold commercially. Use headphones if you'll be listening to them in the middle of the workday.
- Get to work early or stay late once a week. You may be able to accomplish more when you vary your routine.
Don't let work rumors, which are usually false, cause you worry. A co-worker may just be thinking out loud about worst-case scenarios.
If your office is less structured (or if you are the boss), consider a company mascot. A cat or dog can do wonders for workers' morale.
Copyright © The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. All rights reserved.